Year 3 Venus
Croeso i Dosbarth Venus!
PE will take place on a Wednesday. We will not be changing for PE so please could the children wear appropriate kit (joggers/leggings) and trainers on these days so that they can participate safely in these lessons.
The children will have weekly forest school sessions that will take place on a Tuesday in the secret garden. These sessions provide the children with excellent opportunity to be immersed in outdoor learning and develop vital skills. Please could the children bring old shoes/wellies in a labelled bag on this day and wear a waterproof coat.
Homework this term will be largely based on our topic and will be presented during our end of term ‘Express’ where the children will invite you all to visit us in school to celebrate their learning during the week of November 28th. During the visit we shall have the opportunity to share homework and what we’ve been learning about in school. Your visit will be part of a wider day of celebrating our topic so if the children would like to come to school dressed as an Egyptian that is more than welcome! A more in-depth outline of our termly planning can be below. The children have all received a a homework menu (inside their purple homework book) with a choice of activities your child may choose from to complete at home and then return by Friday November 25th.
Your child will receive weekly spelling words (inside their homework book) with a test on Friday. We would be very grateful for your support in helping your child learn their words in readiness for the test. In addition, the children will be tested on certain times tables every Friday and a help sheet is included in their homework book.
Each child will be sent home with a reading book which they will be required to return to school a week later on a designated day. Please dojo message Miss Nicholson if you’re not sure of your child’s day. Bug Club will also be available to all children where a range of books, maths games and Literacy games are available. Each child has a username and password which will be sent home as a reminder.
Documents such as this term's homework menu, half-termly spellings and times tables can be found above (stars).
Thank you for your continued support. If there is anything else you would like to see or access via our class page that would help you or your child at home, then please let us know.
Diolch yn fawr,
Miss Nicholson & Miss Ashford
Useful video links from the teachers at Pentre’r Graig:
- Uploading work on j2e - https://www.loom.com/share/81b574efb71d46be83acf41b4b3fff1f
- Active Learn - https://www.loom.com/share/d4ee0f6a84ee482ab5ae066646b17e7a
- Teach Your Monster to Read - https://www.loom.com/share/c2f1d7f91dd745b08314f81d12a6e7e1
- Top Marks (numeracy activities) - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/5-7-years/counting
- National Geographic Kids - https://www.natgeokids.com/uk/
- BBC Bitesize - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/z3g4d2p
- Woodland Trust - http://treetoolsforschools.org.uk/categorymenu/?cat=activities
- Wildlife Trust - https://www.wildlifetrusts.org/
- Duolingo - https://www.duolingo.com/learn
- Active Learn - www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
- DK Find Out - https://www.dkfindout.com/uk/
- Oxford Owl - https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/
- National History Museum - https://www.nhm.ac.uk/
- Pobble 365 - https://www.pobble365.com/
- Teach Your Monster to Read - http://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/u/951030
- Top Marks (literacy activities) https://www.topmarks.co.uk/english-games/5-7-years/letters-and-sounds
- The Body Coach - https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1
- Cosmic Yoga - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5uIZ2KOZZeQDQo_Gsi_qbQ
- Mission Gallery Swansea - https://www.missiongallery.co.uk/for-children/
- Code Club - https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/codeclub
- Childnet (E-Safety) - https://www.childnet.com/resources/the-adventures-of-kara-winston-and-the-smart-crew