Year 1/2 Spaceships
Croeso i Dosbarth Spaceships
Welcome to Class Spaceships
Class Dojo is a brilliant communication tool and is used on a regular basis to keep parents/guardians up to date with announcements and messages, as well as posting pictures of classroom activities. It is beneficial that all parents/guardians are set up on Class Dojo. If you require any support with this then please ask Miss Gamston.
Miss Gamston's Hwb email address - GamstonR@hwbcymru.net
School starts at 8.50am.
School finishes at 3.05pm. The children will be dismissed from the red door at the top of the main yard.
A carton of milk is provided for all children daily. Water is also accessible throughout the day.
We encourage all children to have a healthy snack each morning. A piece of fruit can be brought in from home or purchased from our fruit tuck shop for 25p. Please send money in a clearly labelled envelope.
Friday - Secret Garden/Forest Schools. All children will need a pair of wellies and a waterproof coat.
Wednesday - P.E. All children will need p.e kit (including trainers) that can be worn to school. No jewellery please!
Reading books - Each child will have a reading book and some key sounds/tricky words to practise every week. The day for the book to be returned will be written on the front of the reading record.
Homework books - These will be sent home at the beginning of each half term with a grid of activities to choose from to be completed by the end of the half term. They can then be returned to school for us to celebrate the children's learning.
In addition to set homework tasks we encourage the children to read at home regularly. The school uses active learn where the children can access Bug Club reading books and some fun Maths games.
Hwb can also be accessed at home and activities can be completed on JIT. If you are unsure of your child's log in details please get in touch.
If your child has been told they must stay home as a result of Covid-19 restrictions, but are well and keen to work on activities at home then please use the homework menu for activities. There are also lots of lessons that can be accessed at home via Foundation Phase – Swansea Virtual School, and many of the websites and resources listed on this page have lots of fun learning games and activities.
- Top Marks (numeracy activities) - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/5-7-years/counting
- National Geographic Kids - https://www.natgeokids.com/uk/
- BBC Bitesize - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/z3g4d2p
- Woodland Trust - http://treetoolsforschools.org.uk/categorymenu/?cat=activities
- Wildlife Trust - https://www.wildlifetrusts.org/
- Duolingo - https://www.duolingo.com/learn
- Active Learn - www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
- DK Find Out - https://www.dkfindout.com/uk/
- Oxford Owl - https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/
- National History Museum - https://www.nhm.ac.uk/
- Pobble 365 - https://www.pobble365.com/
- Teach Your Monster to Read - http://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/u/951030
- Top Marks (literacy activities) https://www.topmarks.co.uk/english-games/5-7-years/letters-and-sounds
- The Body Coach - https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1
- Cosmic Yoga - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5uIZ2KOZZeQDQo_Gsi_qbQ
- Mission Gallery Swansea - https://www.missiongallery.co.uk/for-children/
- Code Club - https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/codeclub
- Childnet (E-Safety) - https://www.childnet.com/resources/the-adventures-of-kara-winston-and-the-smart-crew
All children are taught cursive handwriting from the start. Please practice this regularly at home. Here is our school style.
All children should be regularly practicing their letter sounds and tricky words at home (they should be in their reading folder) Here are the flashcards:
Useful video links from the teachers at Pentre’r Graig:
- Uploading work on j2e - https://www.loom.com/share/81b574efb71d46be83acf41b4b3fff1f
- Active Learn - https://www.loom.com/share/d4ee0f6a84ee482ab5ae066646b17e7a
- Teach Your Monster to Read - https://www.loom.com/share/c2f1d7f91dd745b08314f81d12a6e7e1