Year 6 Jupiter
Croeso i Dosbarth Jupiter
Welcome to Class Jupiter
Dosbarth Jupiter is one of two year 6 classes in Pentre’r Graig and is taught by Mr Saunders.
Class Dojo is a brilliant communication tool and used on a regular basis to keep parents/guardians up to date with announcements and messages, as well as posting pictures of classroom activities. It is beneficial that all parents/guardians are set up on Class Dojo. If you require any support with this, then please speak with Mr Saunders.
If you need to contact Mr Saunders, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our school gates will be open from 8:40 at Soar Terrace, they will be supervised by staff until the bell rings at 8:50.
Our school day finishes at 3:10 and children will exit on to the yard. If you wish for your child to walk home or to a meeting point, please ask for a consent form.
We advise that children are provided with a water bottle to bring to school and a healthy snack to eat during their morning playtime. Alternatively, fruit can be purchased in school at 25p per piece of fruit.
- Homework is to be returned from previous Friday so that class teacher can mark it.
- Secret Garden please bring wellies or old trainers to change into and a coat
- New homework is set (unless told otherwise by class teacher).
- Spelling Test
- PE- Please ensure appropriate clothing and footwear is worn to school.
Homework will be set every Friday and is to be returned by the following Wednesday so that it can be marked and shared with other children before the new activity is set on the following Friday. If there are any problems or queries regarding your child’s homework, then please don’t hesitate to ask Mr Saunders.
In addition to set homework tasks, we encourage children to read at home often. The school uses ActiveLearn. Children can access Bug Club Reading Books as well as Maths games.
- Swansea Virtual Schools Literacy https://swanseavirtualschool.org/daily-lessons/literacy/
- Swansea Virtual Schools Numeracy https://swanseavirtualschool.org/daily-lessons/numeracy/
- Top Marks (numeracy activities) - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/5-7-years/counting
- National Geographic Kids - https://www.natgeokids.com/uk/
- BBC Bitesize - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/z3g4d2p
- Woodland Trust - http://treetoolsforschools.org.uk/categorymenu/?cat=activities
- Wildlife Trust - https://www.wildlifetrusts.org/
- Active Learn - www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
- National History Museum - https://www.nhm.ac.uk/
- Pobble 365 - https://www.pobble365.com/
- Top Marks (literacy activities) https://www.topmarks.co.uk/english-games/5-7-years/letters-and-sounds
- The Body Coach - https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1
- Cosmic Yoga - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5uIZ2KOZZeQDQo_Gsi_qbQ
- Mission Gallery Swansea - https://www.missiongallery.co.uk/for-children/
- Code Club - https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/codeclub
- Childnet (E-Safety) - https://www.childnet.com/resources/the-adventures-of-kara-winston-and-the-smart-crew